Pages

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Flapjack recipe.

Hello so a few weeks ago in school I made flapjacks and everyone has been saying how nice they were and I was even asked to make them again a few days ago. 
I have a confession. I don't like flapjacks. You probably think I'm weird now. :)


So you will need 150g of butter, 75g golden syrup, 225g porridge oats, 50g of Demerara sugar, 1tsp of cinnamon (optional), 50g of raisins (optional), 45g of pumpkin & sunflower seeds (optional) and a tin (18cm by 5cm approx) (round or square).

Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 or 170 degrees C in the fan oven. 
Gently melt the butter and golden syrup in a pan.
 Place the oats, (cinnamon), sugar, (raisins) & seeds in a bowl and mix.
 Pour the melted mixture into the dry mixture and stir well. 
Press the mixture into your tin and bake for 20-30 minutes. 
Mark into 12 pieces while still warm. Break apart when cold.
I didn't put cinnamon or raisins in but I did put seeds in. The next time I make them I think I'll put chocolate chips in instead of seeds because my dad really wants me to!

Thank you for reading today's blog and please let me know if you try these out.

Lucy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment